Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Don't crowd me

I can't stand crowds. I don't know why. There has to be some overwhelming reason for me to go someplace with that many people. Aerosmith concert? Cool, I can handle it. Football game? No way - not even the Super Bowl, nobody's wardrobe malfunction is worth that. Rangers' games aren't bad, cause nobody goes. Can even handle amusement parks, most of the time. But the absolute worst ever is the public swimming pool.

Now ya know I got these rugrats here that think the pool is the best place in the world. In my mind, I'm thinking, its crowded, its noisy, its hot, its full of other people's kids - not to mention a literal ton of people who should be wearing a lot more than they are, and there is just no way that the filters are that good.
And yet, where do I spend many summer afternoons? You got it.

I used to be nice and vague, but now I am a parent.

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Alfred Haus said...

Know the feeling.
I have a phobia of it.

Swimming pools should just be called swimming p

yqrloo looks like yahoo to a robot I think.

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous KDF said...

Damn kids! Amen on that last line. Can I ever relate to that.

 
At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Jeff Meyerson said...

Can't stand crowds? And yet you're coming to a Dave Barry book signing in New York City.

Must be true devotion...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home